Saturday, February 26, 2011

Paradise?

.

A day at Flinders Ocean beach on the last days of the Summer we didn’t have. Little kids on surfboards giggling with excitement when they stand up. Dad hauls them though minute wavelets with giant strands of kelp. The splash and squeal of hurt pride when they inevitably fall off. Sounds of encouragement, “keep trying” from proud parents.

Snorkelers making the most of perfect conditions look up to see an odd zombie lurching down to the water’s edge.


“Jason I told you to bring your gear up here, we’re leaving”.


The zombie slumps. Regains composure slightly and trails after mum.




A Drabble is a story told in 100 words. No more, no less.

3 comments:

Cruella Collett said...

Wavelets!? As in little waves? It is officially my new favourite word :)

Barb said...

I like your Drabble & the beach photos. The Zombie is my favorite character, even if he must listen to Mum.

Sue said...

Mari, I'm not entirely sure it's a real word, but 'ripples' didn't work. I love having new favourite words, and sharing them around :)
Barb, I felt a little sorry for the zombie, he seemed to be getting a tongue lashing that just didn't go with the costume!