Friday, May 3, 2013

W is for Water - images of America

I think I've become a bit of a lake lover since visiting some beautiful ones in the United States.

Fallen Leaf Lake.
 Snow and desert were an unexpected combination.
Not a lake, but cheerfully gurgling water - with bear paw prints everywhere and lots, and I mean lots, of fresh scat around - evidence of them waking from their winter's hibernation!
We went for a slip slidey, crunchy snow walk here and were charmed by the wooden huts dotted along the nearby lake. Many appeared empty, but it would be a lovely place to swim and relax in warm weather. Without the bears!

.

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sue .. love the photos - and fresh bear scats ... me would stay indoors!

Gorgeous shots and so pleased you had such a happy time in the States .. Hilary

Liza said...

That third picture is stunning! I'm a lake fan too...although I live by the ocean.

Sue said...

Hilary, I was very wary and kept looking around - I don't think I'm designed to be in bear country! Thankyou Hilary for the compliment about my photos.

Thankyou Liza :) I'm a sea person too, but seeing these lakes gave me a real appreciation of beauty I'd never before experienced.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.